This year's Call for Proposals sought to answer key questions designed to both assess the challenges experienced by Black girls and womxn of navigating The Crooked Room in institutional spaces; as well as identify work being done to address these challenges.
- How have the historical experiences of Black girls and womxn shaped there current realities in institutional spaces?
- Who benefits or does not benefit from the colonialist impact on Black girls and womxn, in these spaces?
- In what ways are researchers, community activists, and practitioners engaging in pedagogies and practices that seek to decolonize approaches to teaching, learning, researching, organizing, and existing in institutional spaces, specifically as it relates to the liberation of Black girls and womxn?
- What does liberation look like in practice, both within and outside of these institutional spaces?
- What beliefs, customs, philosophies, traditions, and visions for the future are central to understanding the lived realities of Black girls and womxn in institutional spaces?